Fungus is something that fascinates and the many different types and varieties even more so. They are a plant species that grow without chlorophyll and, therefore, have no need for sunlight. That gives them many places to grow and thrive that is worth exploring. Among the most favourite types are those we eat. Yeast, for instance, is a fungus that we use in cooking and so are Psychedelic Mushrooms For Sale. In the case of the letter we are somewhat addicted to them which explain why they can be quite expensive to purchase.
Many of the species are poisonous and can carried and spread by insects, animals and others. A fungus carried by a frog, for example, was imported into the Americas during the period of the 1930’s to the 1950’s to test if women are pregnant was released into the wild and the result is the loss of hundreds of species of frogs and even salamanders worldwide. That alone shows that by introducing species from one continent to another has often resulted in devastating effects on the local fauna. The Cane Toad introduced into Australia at around the same time is having a disastrous effect on the local wildlife as it is deadly poison.
Molds, smuts, rusts, mildew and yeast all fall into the category of fungus. While we know the danger of most of these when we come in contact it is the mushrooms that people tend to take the most risk with. Magic mushrooms, for instance, found in wooded areas in Australia, give the user a high similar to other drugs. Under the influence of that variety, however, many have performed outrageous acts and even killed themselves unintentionally. It is now prohibit to collect or possess them.
Unless one knows what they are doing picking mushrooms from a field to eat is not a wise move. This was prove in Canberra in 1912 when a Chinese cook found some mushrooms that resemble one found in China. He served it in a dish prepared for some friends who were visiting from that country at the time. Unbeknown to him he had served them one of the most deadly of all fungus, the white cap mushroom. They died in agony in hospital some days later.